4-6 Sessions Salaried GP Position
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic GP to join our large, newly renovated and friendly teaching Practice in the heart of Mirfeld. We are looking for the right person to join our collaborative team of GPs, Advance Care/Nurse Practitioners, a successful nursing team who are all supported by a number of dedicated administrative departments.
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality holistic care to our patient population and have a culture in learning and teaching in all we do.
· Competitive Salary
· Additional Annual Leave for Study
· Duty GP Salary Enhancement
· Free Parking
· Mentorship Sessions
· Training & Development Encouraged
· Regular Clinical MeetingsMain duties of the job
We are looking for a skilled GP with the motivation, skills and ambition to be actively involved in our practice, to cover 4-6 sessions per week.
Our clinics are based on a mix of telephone and face to face, with patient choice being our main focus. They are triaged by our competent care navigation team and supported by a clinical 'duty doctor'.About us
We are a friendly practice with an extensive team comprising of clinical and non clinical staff with the experience and knowledge to support the Practice.
The practice is committed to high quality care and the continued development of the team with a focus on work/life balance.
We would encourage you to have a look around and meet the team. For more information, an informal chat or to arrange a visit, please email email@example.com or call the practice to speak to our Practice Manager Lauren Hill or a GP partner - Drs Hussain, Jones or Pieske. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will perform the normal duties of a GP, be committed to providing high quality services to our patients and working alongside our neighboring practices to promote quality patient care. Both salaried GPs and partners work within the MDT at the practice, practicing high quality evidence based medicine, share best practice and provide peer support to others.Clinical Responsibilities
· To undertake planned and urgent primary care duties as necessary, in conjunction with other clinical colleagues, within practice opening hours as required under the PMS/GMS contract
· Be committed to innovation and continual improvement. Encourage, support and contribute to the development of Practice clinical procedures, protocols and research.
· To take an active part in clinical meetings and clinical supervision
· As a clinician, provide patient focused, evidence based practice to a high standard by accurate and timely input of patient data onto the clinical system and ensure the confidentiality of patients
· Ensure effective communication
· Provide support and advice to the clinical workforce and colleagues within the teamClinical Governance
• Raise any clinical concerns with the Partners
• Support the local lead for Infection Prevention and Control
• Support the local lead for Safeguarding of Adult and Children
• Support the Practice with regular clinical audits and report into MDT meetingsConfidentiality
• In the performance of duties, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as business organisations. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
• The post holder will be required to adhere to their confidentiality agreement at all times.Communication
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
• Communicate effectively with other team members and external suppliers
• Recognise people's needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordinglyHealth & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy.Medical indemnity
The post holder is required to maintain full registration with the General Medical Council and maintain on the NHS England Performers List. The post holder is also required to provide written proof and evidence of such registration. Note: This job description is not intended to form part of the contract of employment or to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but it is a guide, for information, to the job. It will be periodically reviewed in the light of developing work requirements in the role. The post holder will participate in the review. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
Desirable Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- GMC Registration
- Registration with a recognised medical defence organisation
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Mirfield Health CentreAddress
WF14 8DUEmployer's website
https://www.mirfield-healthcentre.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)