We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, motivated and a good fit within our varied and supportive practice team.
We are looking to recruit a candidate who is able to work 4-6 sessions and who will contribute to our provision of high quality, patient-centred care.
We pay a competitive salary with medical defence, GMC and appraisal memberships included. We provide staff car parking and your own room.
We would be very receptive to meet and talk to quality candidates including newly qualified GPs.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a hard-working, committed GP who will play an active role within our team to maintain our values and help develop patient services in the future.
There will be a mix of routine and same day appointments, delivered remotely and face to face.
There will be a pro-rata on-call day.
We are supportive and accommodating of any specialist interests you may have.About us
List size (approx. 10,700)
Rated Good by the CQC in March 2015
4 Partners, 2 Salaried GPs, 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, 2 Practice Nurses and 1 Nursing Associate
Highly committed and efficient management, administrative and secretarial team.
We work alongside a variety of PCN network staff in the form of Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, Paramedics, CPNs and Care Coordinators
We have recently re-attained our GP Registrar training practice status with 1 GP Trainer and 1 Associate GP Trainer at the practice.
We have and train Foundation Year 2 doctors
We deliver minor surgery and sexual health/ contraceptive services
High QOF achievements
Twice weekly late morning catch-up with other clinicians
Weekly peer lead lunchtime teaching
Low number of home visits
Clinical interests welcomed
6 weeks annual leave plus 1 week study leave (pro-rata for part time)
SystmOne clinical systemJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will join the clinical team and will provide daily General Practitioner services in the form of managing consultation lists, clinical document management, pathology results filing, task actioning, a share of home visits (if any).
The post holder will contribute and partake in meetings to discuss planning for practice development and decision making as appropriate.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Fully qualified GP with GMC registration
- Inclusion on the NHS England performers list
- Vocational training certificate or equivalent
- Full membership of a medical defence union
- Annual appraisal and revalidation, and maintain
- Current Hepatitis B immunity
- Basic life support
- UK work permit, if required
- Experience within medical, surgical, A&E, paediatrics or mental health
- MRCGP graduate
- Evident of continued professional development
- Palliative care
- Face to face consultations
- Chronic disease management
- Clinical governance
- Delivery of QOF targets
Skills and QualitiesEssential
- Understanding of PMS contract
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Good telephone manner, clear speech
- Good record keeping
- Communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a multi-professional team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage demanding workloads
- Aware of needs of patients, relatives and carers
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Ability to cope with patients under extreme stress from both social and clinical circumstances
- Ability to handle change and unexpected urgent requirements
- Skills in written and spoken English adequate to enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Flexible, caring and empathetic
- Self motivated
- Professional approach
- Reliable, punctual and committed to work
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Warrengate Medical CentreAddress
WF1 4PREmployer's website
https://www.warrengate.org.uk (Opens in a new tab)