Cogent Skills is working with Venator to recruit 4 Apprentice Production Technicians to join their shift operations team working on a top tier COMAH manufacturing site in Hartlepool. As part of a team of technicians you will be responsible for providing a flexible resource for a number of production areas.
Cogent Skills is working with Venator to recruit 4 Apprentice Production Technicians to join Venator’s growing team. The Production Technician Apprentices will be fully trained to be a flexible resource to operate in a number of production areas, in addition to providing essential specialist skills.
As a Production Technician, you will:
- Perform all duties in compliance with all Venator Corporate and Venator Pigments EHS, business conduct policies, guidelines and the local site Life Saving Rules at all times. Complete all Corporate Compliance training.
- Monitor and control the operation of process plants to ensure that process parameters are maintained within accepted limits.
- Analyse minor processing and equipment problems in order effect solutions.
- Control the offloading of raw materials from external suppliers into the plant, and the loading of intermediate product from the plant into Road Tankers prior to transport.
- Take samples of process intermediates and carry out on plant testing as required by quality control systems.
- Advise and brief Senior Technicians on emerging plant situations and manage process upsets in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- Ensure completion of scheduled surveys and reports including standard work activities, check sheets etc.
- Prepare the plant for Intrusive Maintenance via completion of the appropriate isolation and preparation procedures in line with our Safe Systems of Work.
- Contribute to the development of procedures/ work instructions and continuous improvement activities.
The Apprentices will follow the new employer-led Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard which will combine practical, technical and behavioural training with theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology.
At Venator, we know that it is people that make a difference in business. That’s why we take the time to recruit the right people – then regularly invest in our recruits’ professional development to ensure they reach their full potential. It’s a formula that works.
Have you got what it takes to be part of our team?
Venator is a leading global chemical company dedicated to the development and manufacture of titanium dioxide pigments and performance additives. Worldwide we operate 27 facilities and employ more than 4,500 people, who serve customers in more than 110 countries.
Our broad and versatile portfolio of leading pigments and additives includes many well-known brand names and industry-leading products.
Venator’s products are used as intelligent ingredients in thousands of everyday items including coatings, plastics, cosmetics, paper, pharmaceuticals, fibres, films, inks, catalysts, concrete, building materials and in water purification.
Every day, around the world, you’ll find our pigments and additives hard at work in a range of products including a small selection below:
- Paint and coating formulations – delivering colour, gloss and better overall coverage
- Clothes – boosting the strength and durability of man-made fibres
- Cars – reducing nitrogen oxides from engine exhausts
- Mobile devices – improving the performance of tiny ceramic components
- Cosmetics and skin care products – adding opacity, colour, radiance, staying power and UV protection
- Plastics – providing colour, heat-resistance and weather proofing attributes
- Inks – creating a consistent, high quality finish
To be eligible for this position you will need;
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Time management and ability to complete work accurately to schedule
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes
- Analytical thinker with ability to approach problems in a logical manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic individual who has a high level of personal pride in their work
- Positive attitude and results focused
- Willingness to learn
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard
Cogent Skills and Venator have developed an ‘Apprenticeship Training Plan’ that describes the training the Apprentices will need to meet the standard. It includes a mixture of external and internal training that will ensure the Apprentices are fully competent by the end of their programmes and ready to take the Apprenticeship end-point assessment.
The Apprentices will receive a minimum of 20% of their training away from their day-to-day job. This training will be at a technical training provider or a college of further education, and a provider who specialises in behavioural development.
The Apprentices will gain transferable core skills and knowledge. In addition, they will gain skills specific to the working practices of Venator. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression which may be offered as the Apprentices progress or on completion of their Apprenticeship.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, candidates will be considered for any available permanent positions.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with Venator. The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Venator.
- The Apprentices must be able travel to the place of work (training centre or Venator site).
- Times of work will vary and will at some point include shift working patterns which include night shifts and weekend work.
- To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Website. Please do not contact Venator directly.