Duration of Apprenticeship:
As a Legal Solutions Apprentice you will be responsible for carrying out a range of tasks which will include:
- Cross-referencing documents;
- Document organisation, collation and review;
- Contract reviews;
- Database entry, database searching and database maintenance;
- Proofreading of documents including contracts, agreements and transcripts;
- Hard copy document management;
- Legal research (manual or electronic);
- Deployment of legal technology to improve project management and efficiency;
- Collaborative problem-solving; and
- Working as part of the Hub team on ongoing projects.
You will also contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Hub. This may include helping with gathering requirements and data for projects and producing support documentation as required.
You will maintain a daily log of your activity, a record of time spent on activities, and keep up to date with the requirements of the apprenticeship programme.
You will have the opportunity to establish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of Freshfields.
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first two years of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from and on-the-job learning.
3 A Levels (or equivalent)
5 GCSEs (including Maths and English)
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- A keen interest in law;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise tasks;
- A desire to learn and develop;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; and
- Logical thinking.
Freshfields is a supportive employer, and we encourage staff progression and development within the firm as and when suitable opportunities arise. During the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to undertake a range of legal tasks and it is expected that upon completion of your apprenticeship you will have further opportunities to continue and develop within the Hub. In the past our successful apprentices have taken permanent positions in the Freshfields Hub as Legal Solutions Specialists, which are normally reserved for talented and high-achieving graduates.