Business: Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA's UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain. The Group's companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching GBP280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for a HGV Mechanic Apprentice at our Doncaster site. This is a full-time apprenticeship (with study release to College).
As a HGV Mechanic Apprentice your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company's requirements but will include:
- Work as part of the Garage fitters team.
- Carrying out vehicle inspections.
- Preparing vehicles for MOT.
- Ongoing maintenance of plant equipment i.e. FLT, cherry pickers, site shunters and rigid vehicles.
- Brake testing vehicles when required.
- General housekeeping/stock control of the garage.
- Undertaking repairs to vehicles.
You will be required to undertake additional company training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skill set needed for the role.
You will join a structured Advanced Apprenticeship programme where you will train to become a fully qualified HGV Mechanic.
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent.
- An enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to their work.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good literacy and numeracy skills is essential.
- An inquisitive and questioning mind and a desire to learn from others.
- Good time management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills with a methodical approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary: Competitive Apprentice Pay plus Company Benefits
Please apply in writing with your CV to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or e mail .
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV's being received.
Closing Date - 17th June 2022