GXO Logistics Supply Chain Inc.
Ever wondered what 'reverse logistics' meant? Now's your chance to learn!
Here at GXO, we're on the hunt for permanent Warehouse Operative Apprentices to join our team in Basingstoke, working at our reverse logistics operation. What does that involve I hear you say? Our Hampshire plant supports the cardboard and plastic recycling process as well as tray wash operation for one of the leading grocery supermarkets. Eager to know more? Keep reading!
Given we're a 24-hour site, we're able to be flexible in our approach when it comes to recruiting top talent, therefore, we're looking to offer a 4 on, 4 off day shift covering 06:30 - 16:30.
Pay, benefits and more:
As a Warehouse Operative Apprentice, you'll receive:
- An hourly rate from GBP10.54
- An NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing & Storage once your apprenticeship is complete
- Holiday pay
- Workplace pension
- Access to a variety of discounts including cinema and hotel deals
- Access to GXO University - an online learning platform meaning you can pilot your own professional development
Still fancy it? Keep reading to find out what you'll do day-to-day!
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Load empty trays onto the wash machine ready for cleaning
- Unload clean trays from the wash machine and stack away ready for collection
- Empty cages of cardboard onto the baling machine ready for condensing
- Ensure a hazard free zone by guaranteeing that all work areas are kept clean and tidy
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to learn something new!
- No relatable experience required - all training will be provided
- Willing to work in an environment with lots of repetitive work
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.