What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the Planning Manager or Director, you willcoordinate the needs of the Land team,ensuring we source the best land in the right locations, enabling us to create great places to live, and provide a positive legacy.
You will be expected to:
- Follow the Degree Apprenticeship Programme, including attendance of day release at teaching with London South Bank for academic study
- Continue to develop through reviews with your coach and mentor
- Support the Planning team Team in the day-to-day promotion of all current planning applications
- Work with the team to Produce required planning documentation, collate supporting technical information and submit planning applications
- Assist in liaising directly with, and responding to the comments of, planning authorities and statutory consultees to ensure the successful outcome of the planning application process
- Support in managing all external consultants involved in planning applications/promotions
- Assist in liaising with internal project teams to identify opportunities for enhancement on existing sites and then progress the requisite planning application
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Support the team to produce professional land packs, ensuring accurate bids are placed for development opportunities
- Travel within the Division's operating area will be required, including some out of hours working e.g. planning committee meetings/community engagements
Support in achieving a level 4 Entry: PgDip Chartered Town Planner or level 7 entry: MA Chartered Town Planner - approximately 6 ½ years and 3 ½ years respectively. What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- PgDip Chartered Town Planner (Apprenticeship); or; MA Chartered Town Planner (Apprenticeship)
- Training Location: SE1 0AA
- Day release model during the academic term
Great opportunity secure a full-time opportunity and RTPI Chartership.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent A Level (Grade BCC) Essential
Other Equivalent Level 3 qualifications worth (Grade 106 UCAS points) Essential
Other Please view 'Other things to consider (Grade .) Desired Things to consider
PgDip Chartered Town Planner (Apprenticeship) (PT) - A Level BCC; or - BTEC National Diploma MMM; or - Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or; - Equivalent Level 3 qualifications worth 106 UCAS points or; Level 3 Planning Technician Apprenticeship. Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English, or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above). MA Chartered Town Planner (Apprenticeship) (PT) - A minimum 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject area, such as built environment and social science subjects. Applicants with a non-cognate degree and several years' relevant work experience may be offered a place, if they can demonstrate a suitable level of specialist subject knowledge. Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English, or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).