To prepare accounts for corporate clients for all partners in order to provide the clients with efficient and cost-effective accountancy, taxation and VAT services that meet their needs and those of the regulatory authorities.
- Attending courses when required to develop accountancy skills, maintaining learning records and aiming to pass exams first time to enable progression to qualification within the period of the training contract
- Maintaining a professional working relationship with clients and liaising with colleagues so that Allotts can comply with clients' reasonable requests for assistance
- Conducting audit and accountancy assignments in the office or on clients' premises
- Delivering assignments within budget and within agreed time scales
- Providing taxation services
- Performing accounts related administrative and secretarial duties
- Representing and promoting the firm in formal and informal situations, attending seminars and networking events as a representative of the firm
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Knowledge in all Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of Accountancy Software Packages e.g., SAGE, IRIS
- Can demonstrate a methodical approach to work including planning and organising oneself and others in order to deliver work and prevent future problems. This includes the ability to adapt and change plans as the requirements of the situation change
- This competency implies the intention of working co-operatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together as opposed to working separately or competitively. This is also about the ability to impart accurate information (both verbal and written) in a timely way and be receptive to other peoples' opinions and communicate effectively
- You are well organised in your work and have the ability to prioritise tasks and manage deadlines in order to achieve good results for clients, continuously seeking to improve your performance and your skills, knowledge and abilities
- You are adaptable and work constructively with your colleagues and clients whatever their background, to develop and deliver effective products and services
- Has an awareness of the business and regulatory environment in which Accountancy firms operate
- Can demonstrate ability to focus on and always exercises the highest standards of profession judgement based upon ethics
- We need employees who are committed to making Allotts a success. "Drive for results" is the enthusiasm and desire to meet and exceed individual and departmental objectives and strive to improve one's own performance. This is also about the ability to identify and implement ways to improve our processes and the way we do things
- You demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and skills in your specialist field that are appropriate to the level of your job and work to develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to progress and realise your full potential
Must be a Graduate with a 2:1 - please do not apply if you do not meet this.
Desirable would be a relevant degree in Accountancy/Finance/Mathematics (or equivalent).
Must have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)in maths and English.
Must have three A-levels at grades A* to C (or equivalent).Future prospects
We are looking for someone who wants a long and successful career as an accountant.Things to consider
Please note this role could also be based out of our Doncaster office.
Starting salary of £17,000 per year will be reviewed every 6 months.