What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- We'll value you as a fresh pair of eyes to support the site teams in improving quality and to think about new ways of working
- You'll support Technical Managers to manage their teams and functions.
- You'll be involved in all things technical from product sampling and testing, record keeping and tracking data, and investigating customer complaints with management.
Mineral Products Technician Apprenticeship
Successful competition will result in: Level 5 qualification in Technical - Mineral Products
This includes learning about:
- Mineral Extraction
- Concrete (Readymix and Precast/Prestressed)
- Cement and cementitious products
- Asphalt & Pavements
- Clays (Heavy and White)What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity to move into a full time position as a Technician.
Future progression opportunities in Tarmac are widely available with experience and include roles such as: Senior Technician and Technical Manager.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade C or above (4 or above)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
Life on site will involve working both inside and outside. It won't always be glamorous! However, your safety and health is our number one priority and full protective clothing and equipment is provided. Your colleagues are there to help and look out for each other, and safety is everyone's responsibility.