As an apprentice your duties will include;
- Being responsible for the location being clean, pleasant and safe for customers to live in.
- Providing an effective and efficient laundry service, delivering a high level of customer care and encourage customer independence and choice to support happy living for the years ahead.
- Washing, drying and ironing customers clothes and linen, maintaining an organised washing system.
- Ensuring cleaning products are used effectively and instructions are followed.
- Managing workload ensuring washing is not mixed up.
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Carrying out equipment checks and report concerns regarding equipment to line manager.
- Carrying out minor repairs and labelling of clothing as requested by customers.
- Assisting in marketing the location by ensuring vacant rooms/properties are prepared for prospective/new customers.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification specialising in Housekeeping.
- You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain life skills.
- Gain confidence.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.76 after 6 months and £9.50 after 12 months until the end of your apprenticeship contract. As part of your apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.