Salary: Upto £22,000 per annum plus Veolia benefits
Hours: 45 hours per week
Location: Albion Landfill, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 8EY
Closing Date: Thursday 26th May 2022
Candidate shortlisting and assessment days will take place in June 2022.
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who’s just as committed as we are, and wants to take their career in a direction where they can push for genuine change, to take up an exciting maintenance role in our Derbyshire environmental monitoring and aftercare team. And if you’re keen to develop yourself, this entry-level role will suit you perfectly.
If you’re looking to start a career where you’re making a difference everyone can see, or just do a rewarding day’s work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help you look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
During this Level 3 Environmental, Health & Safety programme, we will help you to develop your practical skills and knowledge required for you to succeed in this role as well as your future career. Throughout the 24 - month programme, you will continue to develop your behaviours including the Health & Safety legislation, quality control and environmental awareness as well as team working, problem-solving and customer focus. Veolia as a business is not only interested in what you accomplish, but the manner you do it.
As well as gaining a broad range of technical and professional knowledge and experience, you’ll also gain academic and vocational qualifications such as Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at Tech IOSH Level 3
What will you be doing?
- Identifying, analysing and correcting problems. And informing the line manager, supervisor and/or the external contractors if the problem cannot be solved in-house
- Following Health and Safety procedures and reporting any concerns or near misses/accidents
- Assisting with the monitoring of contractors; delivering site inductions, checking method statements and risk assessments
- With assistance/training; Take samples of gas, water and leachate as per Environmental Permits and Discharge Consents and other authorisations.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs Grade 4 (C or equivalent) or above/predicted to include Maths & English
- Full UK driving licence preferred
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self motivated
- Keen to develop
- Willingness to work in all weathers & environments
- This role involves walking over large landfill sites
As a part of your online application, you will need to complete gamified assessment challenges before we can consider your application for this position. We promise it's not one of those boring assessments!
If you are successful at the application stage, we’ll invite you to attend a virtual assessment day.
Our promise to you
We know that a genuinely good role goes both ways. So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you’ll get 25 days of holiday plus an extensive benefits package, which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme, and a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.