At Snapdragons you will be working towards the Early Years Educator Level 3 alongside your daily roles and responsibilities.
No two days are the same in childcare, but here are a few roles that you will be carrying out;
- Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility, contributing positively to the development of the team environment.
- Work within the EYFS principles, adhere to and positively promote Snapdragons Nurseries policies and procedures.
- Treat each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
- Observe each child's progress and report on interests and achievements, looking for progression and continuity.
- Share information about children's achievements and play with room staff.
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside agencies.
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor), at rest and at mealtimes.
- Interact with children in an appropriate and structured way.
- Play alongside and with children to support their play.
- Under the guidance of the room leader, and following the guidelines of the EYFS framework and nursery policy, assist with planning activities.
Why work for Snapdragons?
- Paid Lunchbreaks (yes, you will get paid for just eating your lunch!)
- Almost seven weeks of paid annual leave, and an extra paid day off for your birthday!
- Enhanced company sick pay.
- Plenty of snacks available throughout the day!
Throughout the duration of your apprenticeship - you will be entitled to 20% off the job training.