The Estates Department is responsible for the repair, maintenance and management of all Building and Engineering Services within the Trust.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Craftsperson (Electrical) to join our multi-disciplined Estates Team.
The post holder will have served a recognized electrical apprenticeship and ideally be a multi skilled having experience in building services installations including a good understanding of mechanical building services. As part of the maintenance team the post holder will be responsible for the provision of engineering maintenance services primarily for the Trust owned buildings within the Teesside locality of the Trust.
The post will be based at Acklam Road Hospital, Acklam Road, Middlesbrough TS5 4EE, however you may be required to work from other Trust sites for periods of time as the service dictates.Main duties of the job
Manages own allocated workload on a day to day basis.
Delegates tasks to maintenance assistants in accordance with establishedcompetence.
Contributes to the setting of team objectives as part of the business planning process.
To ensure that work is undertaken at all times in accordance with Health and Safety requirements to ensure the environment remains safe for patients, staff, contractors and visitors to the Trust.
Participates in the Estates out of hours on-call service.About us
We are geographically one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the country with an annual income of £423m and a workforce of over 7,500 staff operating from around 160 sites. Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and learning disability services for the people of County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby, serving a population of around 2 million people. We also provide additional specialist services to other parts of Northern England.
We deliver our services by working in partnership with 8 local authorities and clinical commissioning groups, a wide range of voluntary organisations, as well as service users, their carers and the public. The services are spread over a wide geographical area of around 3,600 square miles, which includes coastal, rural and industrial areas. Our
The most important way we will get there is by living our values all of the time. These are:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Respect - listening, inclusive, working in partnership
- Compassion - kind, supporting, recognising and celebrating
- Responsibility - honest, learning, ambitious
Undertakes Planned Preventative Maintenance work on all building services, plant and equipment across all properties owned or leased by the Trust. Responsible for ensuring all equipment (e.g. drills) is used safely and effectively by self and others, following manufacturers instructions, immediately reporting any defects in accordance with local procedures.May be required to undertake semi-skilled work or to assist with tasks outside core skills but within established competence, to meet service need. Participates in the out of hours on-call service, working co-operatively with the Emergency Services, Public Utilities and Trust staff as required, to restore normal service as quickly as possible, minimizing disruption to affected areas. This may require undertaking tasks outside core skills (but within established competence) to effect emergency repairs.
May have incidental contact with patients e.g. when asked to give directions or when working in patient areas.
Responsible for the production of detailed information relating to the safe use and status of equipment, as required by technical standards and legislation and for ensuring all relevant staff are informed of such information in a clear and timelymanner.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Successful completion of recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship.
- City&Guilds 2351/2330 Craft or Technicians Certificate or NVQ3 or equivalent qualification.
- Numeracy and Literacy to level 2.
- ITQ Level 2
- BTEC level 3 ONC/HNC Certificate In Electrical Engineering
- Multi Skilled Training
- Significant post-apprenticeship experience in electrical engineering.
- Experience working in an NHS environment
- Experience in the management of Planned Preventative Maintenance systems
- Multi-skilled engineering experience.
- Able to demonstrate comprehensive range of skills relevant to the trade to a consistently high standard.
- Able to problem solve using innovative approaches
- Able to communicate clearly to a wide range of people.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Working Knowledge of the Electrical Engineering Systems in a Service Industry
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Electrical Engineering maintenance and Installation Work
- Working Knowledge of the BS7671 IEE Wiring Regs
- Working Knowledge of the Electriciaty At Work Act
- Working Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Working knowledge of British Industry Standards and ACOPs relevant to the trade.
- Understanding of associated trades and relationships.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Acklam Road Hospital
TS5 4EEEmployer's website
https://www.tewv.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)