What will the apprentice be doing?
The Apex Tennis apprentice will;
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- manage the development of all day to day Apex Tennis activities
- supervise and assist in the access and use of the local Tennis facilities.
- be a proactive member of the Apex Multisports team, promoting an ethos of participating, enjoyment and excellence in all services.
- expected to create and develop a long term business plan for the Apex Tennis Project.
- design and commit to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) in relation to the Business plan created.
The apprentice will achieve at the end;
- Degree Level Apprenticeship Level 6 (Degree with honours)
- Training will be one day a week term time
- Training will occur at the University of Hertfordshire
In additon, the candidate will have ;
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An enhanced DBS check
- Child protection and safeguarding qualification
- First Aid
- Level 2 Tennis Qualification (Or another Level 2 qualification if you have the Tennis one already)
The exit routes could be;
- Full time role at Apex
- Take over and run the Tennis business as an Apex Franchise
- Sports Development role in local government or with a National Governing Body
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness, Level 1 Sports NGB Qualificati, Level 2 Sports NGB Qualificait Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Relevant (Grade Grade BCC - BBC) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Relevant (Grade Grade MMM - DMM) Desired Things to consider
The vacancy will involve working outdoor and could involve heavy lifting