What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice site supervisor, you will assist the Site Manager in the day to day management of construction projects to meet customer specification, programme and budget.
You will be a valued member of the team and receive high quality mentoring from experienced colleagues and the opportunity to pursue academic qualifications.
The right candidate for us is someone who is looking to advance their career within construction. We are prepared to invest our time, experience and offer of continued employment for such a person.
This Construction Site Supervisior Apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity to understand, appreciate and begin your career in a Technical Construction role. You need to be prepared to learn and comprehend the mechanics of working in the industry to be successful.
This opportunity requires you to be part of a team, to demonstrate self-discipline and be able to receive and follow instructions accurately and methodically. You will report to the Site Manager and be expected to work to targets and deadlines.
For more information on generic Site Management roles please click the link: https://www.goconstruct.org/learn-about-construction/find-the-role-for-you/career-explorer/occupational-supervisor-team-leader/
• We require the suitable candidate to have some relevant experience.
• Ensure safe working practices and procedures are fully implemented on site;
• Manage the day to day delivery of a construction project;
• Liaise with Site Management to ensure they are fully appraised of project progress and are notified of all financial, specification and time issues;
• Ensure all materials delivered to site meet specification and production requirements;
• Control waste management;
• Ensure all additional work is identified and the Project and Commercial Managers are fully aware of all potential opportunities.
• Ensures that decisions are made by evaluating priorities and timescales and informs others of decisions. Reconsiders in the light of new information;
• Takes responsibility for own actions and takes a fair share of team tasks;
• Has a strong sense of personal commitment and enthusiasm;
• Has an enquiring mind and is disposed to learning both on and off the job;
• Uses acquired knowledge and skills to perform new job related tasks, seeking advice and guidance where necessary;
• Takes personal ownership by responding promptly to enquiries;
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Standard delivered at the Sheffield College on a day release basis.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time employment upon satisfactory completion of the apprentice with potential for further training if the role supports this.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade Grade 4/C and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade D and above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Construction/Building Services/Civil Engineering (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Things to consider
You must be interested in undertaking a career within Construction. You need to be flexible - able to travel and possibly stay away from home as required throughout the UK. We will require 2 references in support of your application.