What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assisting the companies project managers with the delivery of electricity schemes
- Procurement of materials required to satisfactorily complete the project
- Assisting the project manager with the review of the electricity design ensuring that on site work is completed to design standards
- Assisting the project manager with on site supervision and delivery of projects
- Supply chain management
- General administration tasks associated with the delivery of new electricity connections
- Level 4 Engineering EPNE Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering (pathway to be chosen)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
An Apprentice will be put forward for end-point assessment when it is felt that they have achieved the required experience in the workplace to put them in the best possible position to achieve success.
Attendance at college will be required, for example one day per week, term time only.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Out of Apprenticeship - Project Co-ordinator
3 years experience - Assistant Project Manager
5 years experience - Performance Dependent - Project Manager
Performance Dependent - Senior Project Manager
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5x GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Other Level 3 Engineering qualification (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
This position is working from home, so please make sure this suits you. You will also be required to attend site meetings so having access to your own transport would be advantageous. Training will take place at Loughborough, so please make sure you can travel there. Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.