What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work alongside teachers and coaches to support and lead PE lessons, lunch and playtime activities, fixtures, competitions, clubs and events to raise the profile of PE and school sport within our academies.
- Deliver enrichment clubs and activities at breakfast, lunch and after school.
- Support the teaching of PE and sport lessons in school.
- Support your academy in preparing for and attending school sport competitions.
- Support house competitions, sports days and other events where possible.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- By the end of your course you will achieve the Sports Coach L4 qualification
- We have vacancies across the Trust - our schools are located across Sutton & Epsom
- You will undertake 20% study time through a variety of media
After successfully completing you may wish to consider roles such as Sports Assistant L1 or Sports Instructor L2 - 3 or even go on to become a Trust Sports Development Officer; alternatively you may wish to gain experience in the school environment and consolidate your learning, taking advantage of all our CPD opportunities.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/levels 9-5) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*-C/levels 9-5) Desired