What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Gain mentorship, knowledge from experienced team members
- Learn operation, maintenance & data analysis associated with measurement equipment
- Analyse data for a variety of practical design & manufacturing outputs
- Develop reports to communicate analysis outputs to colleagues & clients
- Develop an understanding of sound and how it behaves in buildings and the environment
- Collaborate with a wide variety of professionals in the field to develop holistic outcomes using the knowledge you will accumulate
You will receive study leave for the following course either online or in person;
Acoustics technician(level 4)
Understanding the science of sound and vibration propagation and applying this to work areas relevant to their employer's working practices.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship 24 monthsWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Senior Acoustics Technician
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science Subjects (Grade A-C) Desired Things to consider
• Experience of (or interest in) working with sound measuring and recording equipment • Enthusiasm about the built environment, engineering, environmental and sustainability issues • Genuine interest in developing a career within the sector