In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, produce and control the production of raw materials into finished products
- Operate Manufacturing machinery and manage process, filling/packing and cleaning plant operations in accordance to laid down procedures
- Use all equipment or substances in accordance with training or instruction
- Prompt fault finding and timely corrective action or escalation
- Strive to achieve the highest quality product, highlighting any concerns
- Ensure the products and volumes are in accordance with specifications and targets by monitoring and adjusting process and equipment settings
- Monitor waste levels
- Be involved in continuous improvement, project management, tests and trial activities
- Interpret and process data to adjust process parameters in order to achieve product specifications
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to demonstrate good team working skills
- A desire to learn with great passion for the dairy industry
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to analyse problems and suggest improvements/solutions
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work and studies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
GCSEs at grades C/5or above (or equivalent)in English, maths and a science.
1 A-level or equivalent qualifications or dairy industry experience.Future prospects
Upon completion of the apprenticeship,we would hope to progress our apprentices into full time employment with us.Things to consider
This role will include residential release to college (based in Cheshire) to complete some elements of your training; therefore applicants must be prepared to live away from home during the residential element at college. Accommodation and a food allowance are provided to support you during your time spent at college.
Successful applicants will need to be flexible as the role will be based at one of our Shropshire sites when you are not at college. Candidates will need to be prepared to work across our Market Drayton, Minsterley and Telford sites to gain skills across different areas of the business. You will initially be based at one site and rotated across other sites.