In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with maintenance tasks of plant and equipment, offering opinions and solutions within your teams
- Assist teams with routine inspections of equipment and tools
- Supporting the delivery of key Operations/Engineering initiatives
- Assist in the delivery of Quality Critical PM and HACCP schedules
- Flexibility to work in all areas of the Engineering/production department
- Attend meetings, briefings and shift handovers
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to comply with all aspects of Maintenance Best Practice
- Work within Health and Safety legislation and demonstrate safe working practices
- Work towards the departments targets to improve downtime, line/factory efficiency and maintenance expenditure
This opportunity is certainly not for the fainthearted, we'll expect you to work hard and be 100% committed to unlocking your full potential of becoming a highly prized member of our Engineering team. You will need to take the lead in driving your own development and show energy and passion as you work towards an industry wide recognised Engineering qualification.
Our Apprenticeship Program provides you with a fantastic way to realise your full potential and get your career with Müller off to the best possible start. Bringing learning and earning together, not only will you study towards a nationally recognised qualification, you'll earn a good salary, develop new skills and gain invaluable knowledge and experiences.
Your apprenticeship combines technical skills training, academic study and work-based learning, you'll also need to be flexible with your hours of work when required.
You will be required to rotate through our three MYD sites (Market Drayton, Telford & Minsterley) during your apprenticeship. You will also need to impress us with your desire to learn and your ability to take the lead and make your career ambitions for the future a reality.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to analyse problems and suggest improvements/solutions
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work and studies
- Able to demonstrate good team working skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to demonstrate a clear passion for Engineering.
Future prospects Things to consider
- GCSE English & maths at grade C (level 5) or equivalent
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn within of one of the fastest paced industries there is. But make no mistake, this is no easy option and our limited places will be filled by people who are clearly able to demonstrate they are ready to take a pro-active approach towards their own personal and professional development