What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Setting out of civil engineering and building works
- Construction of works as per drawings, ensuring quality control requirements are met and recorded electronically
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Resolve any unexpected difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time
- Learn and understand correct documentation control processes and procedures
You will complete a Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the Institution of Civil Engineers as meeting the educational requirements for EngTech MICEWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full time employment on successful completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Listening skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A-C/4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade A-B/6-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade A-C/4-9) Essential
Other Any level 3 qualifications (Grade Pass - Distinction) Essential Things to consider
Ability to travel to remote locations. Ideally some exposure to a construction/ engineering environment