Job summary**Potential Apprentice Opportunity**
The post holder will have the opportunity to select an appropriate apprenticeship to support their development whilst working within Learning and Development.
The post holder will provide high quality administrative support services for the Learning and Development Team. They will develop a professional approach and will be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers. LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MAIN DUTIES
Main duties of the jobKey Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Learning and Development Team.
- Organise, administer and promote the Trust's Internal Training Programmes, including mandatory training and employee development.
- Co-ordinate and support training courses and facilitators, maintaining efficient booking and course evaluation systems and financial information in relation to the Trust's Internal Training Programme.
- Assisting with the transfer of new staff in to the Trust.
- Use computerised course booking systems to input training data to record and regularly provide accurate information on course attendance/non-attendance.
- Be the first point of contact for the Learning and Development Team; answering emails and telephone enquiries.
- Enrol staff on to eLearning training and provide e-Learning support to managers and staff as required.
- Respond to queries and provide information to managers, staff and external organisations about the Trust's training courses.
- Maintain good working relationships with external service providers and customers
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the content and details of all course programmes in order to be the first point of contact for facilitators and participants.
- On occasion, prepare course hand-outs for internal courses as required and support the Learning and Development team in organising and delivering key learning events, such as Mandatory Training and Trust Induction.
- Facilitate Teams training webinars enabling trainers and colleagues to access the sessions
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to all areas of work.
- Utilise the Trusts Virtual Learning Environment to meet the needs of the role.
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
The Learning and Development Team is located within the Human Resources Department. The function of the team is to support all major change and organisational, team and personal development within HDFT. GENERAL
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Be aware of other duties of the Learning and Development Team and be able to provide cover during busy periods of absence.
- To act at all times in the best interests of the Trust and its clients.
- To be responsible for own personal development as agreed with the Learning and OD Manager.
- Order and maintain supplies of stationery and ensure adequate supplies of forms etc. are available.
- Maintain the Learning and Development laptop booking calendar.
- Liaise when appropriate with employees, managers and outside agencies on matters relating to role, ensuring that all enquiries are dealt with politely, efficiently and promptly in accordance with departmental timescales and the Data Protection Act, and that issues are communicated in a form that is understood by all parties.
- Be required to deal directly with all levels of personnel (staff employed, managers). Ensuring a tactful and sensitive approach in all circumstances. This may be via the telephone, face to face or by non-verbal methods.
- Liaise with other members of the Learning and Development Team to resolve queries which may occur.
- Work with the Learning Technologies Lead and other Learning and Development staff to collectively implement policies and procedures within the Learning and Development department, in an effort to introduce improved working practices.
- The post holder may be required to undertake other tasks and duties which are commensurate with the nature of this post.
- This job description represents an outline of the responsibilities of the post and may be amended following consultation with the post holder.
- The post holder must show due diligence in the adherence to and perpetuation of the Trusts Policies and Procedures.
For further information please see the Job Description & Personal Specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- GCSE C or Equivalent in English and Maths
- 5 GCSEs at C or Above
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Business Administration
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working in a customer focussed service environment
- Experience of working in a Learning & Development setting.
- Previous experience of working in an NHS office environment
- Experience using Electronic Staff Record (ESR)
- Experience using Oracle Learning Management (OLM)
- Experience with Totara Based Learning Systems
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (please specifically refer to your experience with these three items of software in your application)
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- An ability to learn new systems and processes
- IT Literate
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Hospital
Lancaster Park Road
HG2 7SXEmployer's website
https://www.hdft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)