About the apprenticeship
To work individually and as part of a team, supporting the Team Coordinator/Service Manager to ensure the smooth running of the service and to ensure that individuals we support are provided with a safe, caring and stable environment. The post holder will support individuals in reaching their full potential by empowering them to fulfil their personal, social, educational & emotional needs, by providing a high standard of personalised care and support, while respecting the dignity, independence and individuality of each person.• To promote quality assurance, working towards legal, statutory and organisational obligations, to develop effective work strategies and processes, to ensure that the business is run in an efficient and responsible manner, balancing the maximisation of profitability with the ethos of excellent quality
• To balance the level of acceptable risk against the need to protect the health, safety and welfare of all concerned in all decision making. With the aim of enabling the individuals we support to lead a valued, fulfilling life and to maximise their independence to enable them to achieve their full potential
• To actively engage in learning and development opportunities, ensuring that the training compliance levels are met and maintained.
• To effectively manage financial performance, ensuring financial resources are appropriately managed & controlled
To ensure we comply with Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (“the regulations”), you will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Because of the nature of our business, you are required to submit a Disclosure and Barring System Check. Any enhanced disclosures made by the DBS will remain strictly confidential. Please refer to this statement which is included on the inside page of the job application form.
• Registered with professional organisation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent leadership qualities
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
• Ability to devise comprehensive reporting systems and analysis of information
• Ability to explain, develop and follow policies and protocols
• Ability to have a flexible approach to workload and manage your own time
• To be actively involved in own personal development
• Driving Licence
• Self-motivated, ability to work on own initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Have a positive approach to change and ability to manage change.
• Positive attitude to Health & Safety
• Sense of Humour
• A staff developer with the ability to shape and where necessary, manage other people's performance
• Experience caring for people with learning disabilities
• Experience working within the social care environment
• Experience of first line management
• Experience of budget management
• Skilled and knowledgeable in creative and person centered approaches to work with people.
• Clear understanding of confidentiality, safeguarding & equal opportunities (equality & diversity)
• Understanding of customer care
• Understanding of current care practices, government initiatives & regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate an ability to translate theory into practice in a practical and person centered way
• Understanding of Quality Assurance & ability to develop processes and audit tools
• Driven by your success and enjoyment in relation to work with people who have challenging reputations
• A straight talker who is prepared to stand apart and be unpopular when circumstances demand this.
Educated to Level III or II diploma, and
exceptional experience and track record
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Health & Social Care Level 3
About the employer
Consensus Support Ty Hendy
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
The successful candidate will be notified of interview as appropriate.