BHP are the region's leading independent firm of chartered accountants, with over 400 people at our offices in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Cleckheaton, Leeds and York.
We are ranked within the Top 35 firms nationally by Accountancy Age and have been voted into the Sunday Times "Top 100 Best Companies to Work for in the UK" by our staff. We're also winners of the Yorkshire Accountancy "Best Employer" and the British Accountancy Audit Team of the Year Awards.
We offer fantastic opportunities to begin your career at the region's leading independent firm, working with friendly and supportive colleagues on a range of interesting and varied client assignments, whilst gaining your professional qualifications.
The roles will be varied depending on location and team, we will discuss this further as part of the later stages of the recruitment process but our range of roles covers the following:
- Digital Finance
- Taxation & VAT
- Accountancy & Finance
- Healthcare sector
The above will be for a broad range of clients across the entire business spectrum. Working as part of a team, as well as on individual tasks.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or take the initiative on individual tasks
- Strong IT skills
- Strong academic ability
- Awareness of what is expected in a professional working environment
- Smart and personable
- Friendly and approachable
- Enthusiasm for beginning their career
- Able to clearly demonstrate their suitability for the role, including previous experience and transferrable skills
- Committed to hard work and further study to achieve success
- Good GCSE (or equivalent) results overall
- Minimum of B/6 in GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
- 80 UCAS tariff points from A levels, ideally encompassing some relevant transferable knowledge so Accounting, Business, Maths, IT for example
- Support for further qualifications to achieve fully qualified status.Career progression through the firm.