This is a fantastic opportunity to take your first steps into a career in the NHS as a Healthcare Assistant (HCA) Apprentice at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
You will be provided with the skills and knowledge required to become competent in supporting patients in hospitals across a range of specialties as you undertake the apprenticeship.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship you will be trained to Healthcare Assistant level having completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship, and be able to apply for other such roles.
This is a great opportunity to gain skills, experience and knowledge for those who may wish to pursue a future career in nursing.
As part of your learning you will complete an educational pathway with Nottingham College, which we will fully support you with.
This is a fixed term contract of 18 months , gaining valuable work experience and a recognised healthcare qualification in the UK's only Magnet Accredited Hospital Organisation.Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
Apprentices will be supported to learn, understand and do the following during their training:
- Assist to deliver person centred care according to the patients individual care plan including helping patients with activities of daily living and supporting individuals with long term conditions, frailty and end of life care.
- Undertake basic clinical procedures related to personal care following successful training e.g. emptying catheter bags, taking specimens of urine, clinical observations.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills with patients, carer's and with other members of the multidisciplinary team by handling confidential information and giving and receiving information.
- Develop own skills and knowledge demonstrating a commitment to learning as part of the apprenticeship training.
- Work as part of a team, seeking help and guidance and work within own scope of practice, taking responsibility for developing own skills and demonstrate a commitment to learning.
Nottingham University Hospitals (NUH) NHS Trust has been rated "outstanding" for care by the CQC and is the only organisation in Europe with ANCC Pathway to Excellence and Magnet recognised Hospitals. You will have access to;
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- A dedicated Institute of Nursing and Midwifery Care Excellence, offering continuing professional education and career development opportunities and one to one clinical support where needed to ensure you get the best start to your career at NUH.
- Access to the biggest established Shared Governance programme in the UK, with 85 staff councils at ward level and growing, giving our workforce a voice and supporting a culture of innovation.
- An ambitious and forward-thinking environment.
More information can be found on the job description and person specification documents attached to this advert.
The Wider Workforce Team is additionally hosting a virtual placement session on 4th May 2022 to tell you about the organisation and role of a Health Care Assistant. If you would like to find out more information or register your place by emailing: N&MRecruitment@nuh.nhs.ukPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- English and Maths Level 2
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Good Level of Communication
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS TrustsAddress
Across both campus
NG7 2UHEmployer's website
https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)