This role is pivotal and will take a lead to proactively coordinate and support the provision of apprenticeships and work experience opportunities to enable the Trust to talent manage, succession plan and to support all staff to reach their potential through development opportunities.Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake the further development and delivery of the apprenticeship programme across the Trust. This role will support divisions to actively engage in and plan for providing vocational learning opportunities and utilisation of apprenticeship levy funds to meet the needs of the services they provide and as well as widen participation to ensure the workforce is representative of the communities we serve.
This role will outreach into divisions to support management and staff to maximise the use of apprenticeship levy effectively and act as the main point of contact between all stakeholders, developing strong working relationships with external providers and stakeholders.
The role will be pivotal and will support the People Development Manager in leading a programme of work to ensure that staff have a clear and accessible career pathway in line with talent management strategies
In addition, the post holder will undertake the development and delivery of a work experience programme to create pre-employment support pathways such as local schools and colleges promoting NHS careers and apprenticeship opportunities proactively. This will also involve working in partnership with local schools, education providers, appropriate agencies and employment support charities.About us
As a friendly trust at the heart of the Greater Manchester health and social care network with over 5000 employees, we are amongst the best in the region for serval of our services and as a place to work.
Our Trust values are vision, openness, integrity, compassion and excellence, they underpinthe way we work together as staff for our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Work to ensure that all provision of learning is quality assured and that staff are obtaining high quality learning and development by conducting post learning evaluation to understand success and areas for improvement, escalating any concerns to the People Development Manager.
- To support the Trust in meeting the Apprenticeship Levy targets through outreaching into divisions to gain an understanding of their workforce needs and planning and the contribution that apprenticeships can make in fulfilling these as well as maximising the utilisation of the levy.
- To support the development of an Apprenticeship Strategy in line with NHS Talent for Care and NHS People Plan.
- To support the People Development Lead in exploring how apprenticeships can support talent management and succession planning through utilisation of apprenticeship routes and career pathways ensuring opportunities that are equitable to all.
- To support the Clinical and Professional Development team in exploring how apprenticeships can support pre-registration professional development.
- Keep up to date and interpret government initiatives and NHS leadership academy pathway development by analysing and synthesising the information in order to update information on development opportunities for internal and external internet.
- To work with Employment Service Centre Team to develop robust recruitment and selection process for Apprenticeships.
- Project plan and maintain the apprenticeship programme of work and community outreach work with HR colleagues to support work experience and exposure to promote NHS working with particular reference to Bolton NHS FT and to encourage a talent management approach that starts with Schools and education.
- Develop effective working relationships with local education and training providers to implement effective entry level vocational learning whilst ensuring value for money at all times.
- Meet regularly with education providers to review progression of learners and attainment of qualifications.
- Further develop an active cohort of Career Ambassadors to participate in pre-employment programme to inspire young people to consider careers in healthcare and at Bolton.
- Coordinate and run development events to promote apprenticeships, cadetships, pre-employment programmes.
- Evaluate and analyse relevant information and data in order to provide updates and progress reports on vocational learning activity, including the level of expenditure to internal and external stakeholders at People Development Steering Group, Professional Development Forum, Workforce Committee, Invest in Health and Health Education Northwest (HENW).
- Act as an independent observer at end point assessment panels with local education providers.
- Develop reporting process (manually and electronically) of apprenticeships and other staff development ensuring monitoring, maintenance and regular audit and ensure this is taken through a robust governance process.
- Monitor monthly compliance of apprenticeship related performance indicators and develop appropriate interventions as necessary including an action plan co-designed with divisions.
- Undertake presentations to a variety of audiences as appropriate.
- Attend and feed into national initiatives ensuring that the Trust is best positioned to innovate and be part of trailblazer opportunities in relation to apprenticeships.
- Lead on providing a range of information, advice and guidance to employees about Apprenticeship learning opportunities and routine query resolution.
- Working with the Communication team to promote apprenticeships, co-producing innovative campaigns to raise profile both internally and externally.
- Work with eth People Development Lead and Head of People Development to innovate and be creative and bold in our approach to apprenticeship utilisation, creating awareness and campaigns to raise awareness and profile both internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain effective networks and partnerships with other organisations across the NW region and nationally to understand, learn and share best practice to enable continuous improvement and to be positioned well to be part of trailblazer initiatives.
- Review and evaluate Apprenticeship, and work experience programmes recommending improvements where required
- Ensure effective management of the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) account and liaise with finance and education providers to arrange payments.
- Manage and ensure a robust system is in place for recording administration of funding and candidate enrolment - both paper and electronic, which is available for audit purposes, ensuring regular reporting to the People Development Lead.
- Support the undertaking of presentations and development events to a variety of audiences as appropriate including schools and pupils.
- Refresh, review and promote the Trust work experience programme, Traineeships and Pre-employment, including the provision of placements and a quality experience for young people and adults.
- Contribute and support the development of an active talent management approach that recognises and aims to use staff skills in different areas with a focus on apprenticeship.
- Work closely with union colleagues and union learning reps to promote functional skills (numeracy, literacy, information technology) update and development across the Trust.
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
- Experience of coordinating apprenticeship and/or work experience programmes
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Education Centre, Royal Bolton Hospital
BL4 0JREmployer's website
http://www.boltonft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)