We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Physiotherapist to join our Acute Therapy Team. You will be able to develop your skills and knowledge across a variety of areas including Intensive Care, acute medical and surgical wards, respiratory out-patient services and the long covid service. This is a fantastic opportunity to specialise in an interesting and developing area and work in a supportive and aspirational team of Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists and rehabilitation assistants.
This post would suit an experienced Band 5 Physiotherapist, or a current Band 6. Applicants will have experience of working with patients with complex cardiac/respiratory presentation, able to demonstrate strong clinical reasoning, discharge planning and communication skills. You will have opportunities to develop your leadership skills in both supervisory roles and service development opportunities. You will be supported to do this by specialist clinical Physiotherapists and operational senior staff. The service is currently operates over 5 days, Monday to Friday. In addition, you will be required to be part of the Respiratory On Call and weekend working rota.
This post gives the opportunity to gain specialist experience across all aspects of the acute therapy services by working on 3 annual rotations in the following areas:
Acute medical wards
Out-patients - Secretions clearance, Cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation and Long covid rehabilitationMain duties of the job
You will be part of a skilled multi professional team, providing a high quality therapy service. You will be involved in all aspects of the assessment, treatment and discharge process, and work alongside both health and social care colleagues to ensure that patients remain as independent as possible and achieve the best possible health and social outcomes.
When working in the outpatient setting you will have the opportunity to play a key role in supporting service set-up and development as we rebuild and re-organise our services following a hiatus brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic. You will be embracing new ways of delivering services with a view to making them more accessible to service users.About us
Harrogate is a beautiful spa town close to the Yorkshire Dales with good links to Leeds and York. It is family friendly with good schools and facilities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work as an autonomous practitioner to manage and carry out an agreed clinical caseload as part of the team, providing advanced physiotherapeutic assessment, diagnosis, treatment and advice to patients who may have diverse and complex presentations.
- To cover on a rotational basis the above areas as agreed with the Team Leader
- Therapy care and treatment for patients with Post-Acute Covid symptoms based on theoretical knowledge and relevant practical experience, and to be consulted frequently for specialist advice and guidance by junior team members and other health care professionals both within and outside the trust.
- To formulate, evaluate and reassess individualised physiotherapymanagement and / or treatment plans in particular appropriate forms of exercise, breathing pattern assessment using clinical reasoning skills and utilising a wide range of treatment skills and options in order to formulate a specialised programme of care.
- To work closely with the Post-Acute Covid and cardio respiratory MDT members.
- To work independently under the guidance of the team leaders and actively participate in the professional development of self and others.
- To contribute to other departmental activities including clinical education of students and training junior physiotherapy staff for on-call working.
- To participate in provision of on call or other out of hours services at weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays.
- To ensure compliance with confidentiality of patient records, safe use of hospital equipment and maintaining your own safety in line with Trust policies and procedures.
- To provide written and verbal feedback to the multidisciplinary team regarding communicating rehabilitation needs/goals required to facilitate safe discharge.
- To deputise for senior staff as required
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sarah Whitaker - Advanced Physiotherapist - Respiratory Outpatients
email@example.com 01423 553210Person SpecificationPhysiotherapy BSC HonsEssential
- 18 months relevant experience in respiratory inpatients and outpatients
- HCPC registration
- Car driver and owner
- On call working experience
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- NHS experience
- Post graduate qualifications
- Experience of working with patients with Long covid
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
Lancaster Park Road
HG2 7SXEmployer's website
https://www.hdft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)