What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Manage a portfolio of youth and community projects
- Maintain and develop key external relationships
- Deliver sports and other activities for young people and communities
- Consult with young people and our youth workers to develop programmes that ensures their needs are met and outcomes are delivered
- Plan and lead any physical activity calendar of events, including managing volunteers
- Maintain and develop monitoring and evaluation tools and methods across all our youth projects
You will undertake a Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship, studying one day per week at the University of Hertfordshire's Hatfield campus.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management (Work Based) and will be able to apply for Professional Chartered Manager Status (CMI) and Professional Chartered Sport Manager Status (CIMSPA) (subject to endorsement).What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to work for a successful leading sporting company whilst gaining a degree and valuable work experience.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness, Committed, Motivated Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Relevant subject (Grade BCC - BBC or 104 UCAS Points) Essential
BTEC or equivalent First teaching from September 2016 (Grade MMM - DMM) Desired
Other Active involvement in sport and exercise desirable (Grade Keen interest) Desired
Other Disclosure and Barring Service clearance (Grade DBS Clearance) Desired Things to consider
Our Sports Project Manager must want to develop fully all aspects of their management and leadership skills, knowledge, self-awareness and behaviours. You will undertake a Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship, studying one day per week at the University of Hertfordshire's Hatfield campus.