During each rotation you will work closely with the department, supporting both day to day tasks and completing short projects whilst learning about the area.
This will include tasks such as writing technical documents, statistical analysis of process data, problem investigation and resolution and tooling design and control. By utilising these skills you will provide technical support which will help resolve key business issues.
- Quality Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Product Engineering
- New Product Introduction
- Tooling Engineering (CAD)
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A keen interest in engineering and how things work.
- The drive and determination to excel during a challenging apprenticeship.
- Works well as a team member and builds effective working relationships with all levels.
- Self-motivation to react to any issues as well as fulfilling planned role requirements
- The ability to develop self to be an effective team member and develop specialist skills.
- A commitment, drive and willingness to learn.
- Must have good attendance, be punctual and reliable.
- GCSE (or equivalent) mathematics and English language at grade C or grade 4, or above - plus one of the following
- 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications, including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject to at least AS level
- For example: BBC at A Level including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject plus at least one other from physics, physical science, engineering science, computer science, technology, chemistry or other science or technology subject
- DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma in a science or technology-based subject (including passes in mathematics and two other science or technology-based modules)
- A combination of qualifications which must include mathematics or a mathematics-based subject and may include AS levels, EPQ and general studies GCSE
- Please note, applications are also welcome from those who are currently studying A Levels and have predicted grades
Things to consider
- Our apprenticeship programme is designed to enable us to recruit to a career path and to a specific end role
- Details of career paths and options will be shared with each apprentice by the company mentor
- For applicants with the right attitude the opportunities for progression and increase earnings potential are real
- During the apprenticeship, apprentices will have opportunities to increase their earnings at 3 stages whilst meeting work and university objectives
- Salary progression to £22,000 (Year 2) and £26,000 (Year 3)
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers-
Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday
Turbine Surface Technologies recognises that by building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe employee diversity is an asset to our business. People of different age groups, backgrounds, genders and cultures, with a range of experiences and capabilities, help us understand and serve our customers and reach our business objectives.