You will be working at one of our 5 dairy locations based on your geographic location. Your development journey will be strategically guided by Muller's Central Technical team to give you a thorough learning of all aspects of the business operation.
You will be given responsibilities through involvement in various activities, initiatives and the chance to execute and lead projectsin line with R&D, technical, manufacturing, sustainability and improved efficiency efforts, across multiple site locations.
The Dairy Technologist Apprenticeship training will be delivered via blended approach of distance learning and block release for hands on practical training in a purpose-built state of the art training facility in Cheshire.
The rest of the time will be spent learning the roles of each function in rotation, putting the know-how to practice and good use to the business - all supported and nurtured by an inspiring workplace mentor.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will learn how to apply Dairy Science principles within MMI manufacturing sites; to develop and improve product quality, site performance and cost improvement initiatives
- You will learn how to execute projects in line with R&D, Technical and Manufacturing efforts
- How to use continuous improvement methodologies to challenge existing practices and drive out waste to improve efficiency and sustainability of the dairy operation
- You will fully commit to the study requirements of the course to successfully complete the Dairy technologist programme
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
This programme is for people who have the energy, drive, dedication and commitment to work hard to achieve the qualification and to have a long and successful career in the dairy industry.
- Able to demonstrate good team working skills
- A desire to learn with great passion for the dairy industry
- Great attention to detail
- An infectious desire to drive your future and accelerate your career
- A consistent focus on the consumer at the heart of all work activities
- A collaborative mindset to support peers
- Be comfortable in managing the apprenticeship workload alongside business tasks against tight deadlines
- A technical curiosity to learn
- A mindset that is eager to make an impact on an enormous scale and looking for greatness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to analyse problems and suggest improvements/solutions
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work and studies
- GCSEs at grades C/5 or above (or equivalent) inEnglish, maths, and a science.
- 1 A-level or equivalentor dairy industry experience.
Things to consider
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, we would hope to progress our apprentices into full-time employment with us.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
This role will include residential release to college (based in Cheshire) to complete some elements of your training; therefore, applicants must be prepared to live away from home during the residential element at college. This will be 2 weeks each semester Accommodation and a food allowance is provided to support you during your time spent at college.
- Flexibility to stay and travel to accommodation for the purpose of project work or learning activities at other Muller sites work (expenses will be covered)
- Full UK Driver's License is preferred but is not essential
- Must be over 18 years of age due to work condition related to health and safety hazards
- Must not be engaged in other full-time education
- Must be living in the UK