To fully process timely and accurate payroll for clients on a monthly weekly, four weekly, fortnightly or weekly basis depending on client requirements. To interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver accurate and timely payroll. This will include their own line manager and team members, together with the workers and the clients of the organisations they are managing payroll for.
- Process all starters and leavers on payroll
- Process all changes associated with employment changes and variations to contracts.
- Create and maintain up to date files for all employee benefit information.
- Collate timesheets for relevant clients and process in line with company requirements.
- Process through payroll any employee benefits including but not limited to BUPA, car allowance,
- Calculate & process all statutory payments and deductions through payroll eg: SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, attachment of earnings.
- Ensure any salary sacrifice schemes treated correctly.
- Processing of pension scheme through payroll in line with client scheme and AE requirements
- Maintain and update static payroll data as per business requirements.
- Enter variable overtime and commission and expense payments
- For each client maintain a monthly payroll file for all new starters, leavers, changes and bonuses
- Process and submit monthly payroll including statutory year end returns and P60s.
- Reconciliation of each pay element month to month in each payroll prepared
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating all payroll processes.
- Deal with client payroll queries.
- Responsible for all reporting of payroll information in line with client requirements.
- Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs where necessary.
- Upload of pension files to pension provider
- Liaise with pension provider and The Pensions Regulator where necessary
- Chase clients for missing information where necessary.
- Any other payroll duties as required by the business.
- Preparation of reporting required by clients in excel or other format as required by client.
- Reconciliation of reports prepared to monthly data.
Ad hoc tasks
- Preparation of annual pension return information
- Preparation of client bonus payments in accordance with agreed formula
- Payroll year end - agree figures with client and submission to HMRC
- Statistical reporting to government bodies
- P11D reporting, PSA agreements
- Checking authorisation in accordance with client requirement
- Keep up to date with all matters affecting payroll
- Attend client meetings
- Attend networking meetings to promote business
- Update and creation of documentation of organisation processes and work flows
- Maintain client files to ensure all information current
- Handle client enquiries
- Answer telephones
- Respond to emails
- Processing requests from clients by phone, email and post
- Set up new client files and ensure all relevant information obtained
- Preparing information for clients
- Updating and maintenance of database
- Scheduling forward notes for relevant events
- Filing and archiving
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Key skills & competency requirements:
Three years experience in a payroll environment
Strong Excel skills are essential.
Good Outlook and Word skills desirable
Experience with payroll software desirable
Flexibility with hours during peak periods of work is essentialPersonal qualities
Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task
Meticulous and accurate
Excellent attention to detail
Completion of tasks in a timely manner
Good communicator and personable
Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
Commercially focusedDesired qualifications
GCSE Maths and English or equivelantFuture prospects
We encourage the team to develop and aim to offer a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship. Ongoing training and development is available to all of the team.
All employees have a cashback healthcare scheme
All employees are encouraged to join the workplace pension scheme that employer contributions are made on all earnings
Membership of CIPP paid by AFHThings to consider
Competitive apprenticeship salary
Career growth opportunities
Supported on the job practical training