The CBT therapist role is highly valued and seen as an integral part of what we do. Our therapists provide disorder specific assessments, formulation and evidence-based CBT protocols for people with anxiety disorders and/or depression. We work to the stepped care model to provide the least intrusive and most appropriate level of care to meet the needs of the person. Therefore, our CBT therapists will offer a wide range of treatments and delivery formats. Adapting what we offer to make our treatments more accessible is a critical characteristic of what we do.Main duties of the job
We have a CBT preceptorship for newly qualified staff and career development opportunities through to senior management and clinical leadership. As you will already know, IAPT is fast paced. We listen to our staff wellbeing needs and provide clinical CPD, self-care sessions and high-quality resources to enable you to support people effectively. The role is varied and constantly evolving with the evidence base and guidance and you can be a part of our evolution if you join us.
We will care for you, your role and career development, while you care for the people who need our support.
- Together we will evolve and innovate services to help us to face the future needs of people with anxiety disorders and depression.
- Together we will increase access; provide the least burdensome, most effective treatments first; and help more people to recover.
We have permanent, full & part-time roles available working between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday. Fully Remote & Agile/blended working (remote & face-to-face delivery as required) available.
This advert is open ended and applications will be shortlisted within a week of receipt.
We are also offering a Welcome Bonus (Terms & Conditions apply) to successful candidates joining our Mid Notts, Wirral, Kent & Medway services.What we offer you -
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 30 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 32 days at 5 years' service) and with the option to purchase or sell days
- Enhanced Pension
- Refer a Friend payment, Cycle to Work & Enhanced Car schemes
- Vitality Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistant Programme, GP & priority Physiotherapy access and shopping discounts.
- Funded flu vaccines
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme for home appliances, tablets, mobiles, TV's, fitness trackers and more
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance including agile working and the option to apply for flexible working from day one, career breaks, and up to a week's special leave a year to help you manage unexpected life events
- Family friendly policies including Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Volunteer Programme
- Enhanced Life Assurance Scheme
- Carry out all duties in line with the IAPT Operational Manual, Data Handbook, BAME, Older People and all other IAPT Positive Practice Guidelines and their updates and Insight IAPT Operational policy and procedures
- Accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service(s) and Insight IAPT pathways, policies and procedures.
- Undertake patient screening for patient suitability for the service and disorder specific problem assessments, leading to an accurate agreed and collaborative problem statement and linked goals for treatment.
- Undertake accurate assessments of risks to self and others, documenting accurately and taking responsibility to ensure appropriate actions and documentation is undertaken in a timely manner.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate appropriate protocol driven therapy for each patient
- Deliver evidence based High Intensity CBT interventions recommended by NICE guidelines to clients with depression and/or anxiety disorders, including in the context of long-term physical health conditions.
- Make decisions on suitability of new referrals, adhering to Insight IAPT referral protocols, and refer unsuitable patients on to the relevant service or back to the referral agent as necessary or provide step-up or down to an alternative appropriate step 2 or 3 intervention.
- Be committed to equal opportunities. Our CBTs work across the age spectrum and with a wide range of people with different cultural backgrounds and language needs, working collaboratively with interpreters where necessary.
- Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the number of client contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
- Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process.
- The post holder must be able to use technology and telephone-based systems to conduct screening assessments, disorder specific problem focused assessments and treatment sessions via online video calls, telephone, groups and webinars, supporting computerised CBT (CCBT) and face to face treatments where required.
- This work may be via telephone, video call, webinars, classes, apps or face to face in local community settings and service bases.
- Educate and involve family members and others in treatment as necessary.
- Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the number of patient contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
- Carry a high-volume caseload and offer 20-24 clinical contact sessions per week, expecting to close over 250 cases per year
- Take responsibility for monitoring and improving own recovery rates to recognised standards expected from step 3 working
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings relating to referrals or clients in treatment, where appropriate.
- Complete all requirements relating to data collection within the organisation.
- Keep coherent records of all clinical activity in line with service protocols in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other members of the team ensuring appropriate step-up and step-down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
- You'll be expected to attend and contribute to staff and role meetings, forums, clinical skills and case management supervision sessions, training courses, seminars and workshops, all of which will contribute to the development and enhancement of our current working practices to enhance our clinical care.
- Insight IAPT is committed to providing all our staff with regular High Intensity CBT Clinical CPD, clinical and case management supervision at required schedules and self-care sessions for CBTs, to support our team to deliver the best results possible for our clients.
- Be aware of, and keep up to date with advances and latest evidence and guidelines in the spheres of CBT
- Post holders are expected to undertake any reasonable duties/responsibilities to meet the needs of the CBT role within Insight IAPT, which will be subject to review and amendment in the light of developing organisation needs.
- You will also be expected to participate in all personal review meetings and to take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and the professional accountability for your role to deliver the highest standards of clinical care.
- Hold a Post Graduate Diploma in High Intensity Interventions or other Post Graduate CBT training qualification.
- Hold BABCP accreditation or be working towards full accreditation
- Additional EMDR training
- IAPT HIT Supervisor training
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Are looking to work for an innovative provider who really values you and your career development.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high quality disorder specific assessments, formulation and protocol-based CBT interventions that reflect local and national priorities and targets.
- Able to demonstrate good therapeutic relationships with people.
- Able to undertake thorough risk assessments.
- Able to organise high volume workload to ensure effective prioritisation and delivery of objectives.
- Are flexible to meet the needs of the service.
- Are committed to improving access to psychological therapies and working within these services for your future career development.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Employer detailsEmployer name
NG2 1RTEmployer's website
https://www.insightiapt.org/ (Opens in a new tab)