Looking for a rewarding and fulfilling vocation, then why not join our team at Northern Health Care. We provide mental health recovery services across many regions within the UK. Our services consist of support living and community outreach services which provides our residents and service users with access to 24 hr support from experienced clinical and support staff.
You will besupporting persons with learning disability or mental health illness to improve their lives and to live independently.Main duties of the job
We are currently recruiting support workers who are committed, positive, compassionate, understanding, dedicated, and dedicated to always put people first
to join our team. You will be supporting persons with learning disability or mental health illness to improve their lives and to live independently.
It's hard work and can sometimes be challenging but the rewards are truly amazing!
As a support worker, you will be at the heart of supporting our service users on a daily basis. You will work with service users to help them live a fulfilled and happy life, whilst living as independently as possible. You will help to enable them to develop positive relationships and to be valued as an equal member of their local community as part of their rehabilitation.
As part of this role you will work closely with a variety of colleagues and support staff to prioritise outcome focused support to our residents.About usWhere you'll be working and hours of work
Your location will be Hyde Park House, Wakefield, WF1 4ET. Working Hours
The role is a full-time position working 38.5 hours per week. This role requires a level of flexibility as you will be working on a 7 days rotational shift pattern 8am-8pm during the day and 8pm-8am waking nights, including weekends. In return you'll receive
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesYour responsibilities as a Support Worker
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
- Company pension scheme and contribution
- Flexible working week
- Induction and buddy programme
- Career development and on the job learning opportunities
- Healthcare cover including dental, optical, prescriptions and physiotherapy
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Access to discounted products and services
- Enhanced disclosure barring scheme (DBS) check cost covered
- Option to train towards NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Free car parking
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Ongoing employee recognition scheme and employee awards
- Refer a friend scheme in which you can earn up to £250
Disclosure and Barring Service/Safeguarding
- Ensure that our service users are at the heart of everything we do.
- Support and guide service users with day-to-day activities enabling them to be able to live a full and as independent life as possible. This may include help to manage budgeting, domestic tasks, or meal preparation
- Support and guide service users with grocery shopping and attending routine appointments.
- Support service users whilst taking of prescribed medication.
- Support service users to be as active as they would like to be as part of their local community, whilst encouraging them to try out new things. These could include days out, family visits or arranging to go to college or use their local leisure facilities.
- Regularly review support plans whilst ensuring that they are committed to working toward their needs and aspirations.
- Working positively and collaboratively with other colleagues within the team
- Work within and implement our policy and procedure, including confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Escalate as appropriate any concerns or issues in a timely manner.
- To maintain and keep accurate records whilst reporting in a factual and person centred approach.
- Ideally, you will have some experience as a support worker or have gained your level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care.
Person SpecificationQualifications, experience and attributesEssential
- Candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
- The ability to be a good team player
- Meeting our key attributes
- Experience in mental health, learning disability and/or challenging behaviours
- Evidence of working within a customer-centred environment
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Gained your level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or have training in relevant practical skills
- Computer literate - knowledge of Excel/Windows Office software applications including SharePoint, Excel, Word
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Employer detailsEmployer name
Hyde Park House
15 Hyde Park
WF1 4ETEmployer's website
https://www.northernhealthcare.org.uk (Opens in a new tab)