What will the apprentice be doing?
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support in the delivery of a variety of design projects in the energy sectors.
· Work alongside other team members to ensure that projects/programmes of varying size and complexity are delivered successfully to time, quality, and budget.
· Support in the production of accurate high-quality plans and drawings for installations from sketches, plans or other information using computer aided design (CAD) equipment. This includes the amendment, annotation and any similar work associated with such plans or drawings.
Ordering of appropriate office consumables to maintain adequate stock levels and ensuring stocks are well organised.
Responsible for the booking of company hotels & flights, ordering of PPE, management of company diary.
Answering the phone and managing calls on behalf of the business.
Printing, collating and organising documents as part of project handover packages.
Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and other students.
Contribute to the overall technical delivery of engineering projects, including surveys
Business support tasks to provided efficiency and increase utilisation of the team.
Manage and plan your time for the allocated tasks.
To support CAD activities associated with the wider business and other disciplines as required by the business
Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues.
Actively promote a culture of teamwork.
Communicate and meet with the nominated internal project lead as required during the duration of the project.
Ensure allocated elements of project work are delivered on time.
Develop and manage a portfolio of reference information pertaining to specifications to develop and enhance understanding of technical aspects of designs.
Practice and promote the company's Health and Safety and Environmental Policy.
Practice and promote use of the Union Square document management system and provide constructive feedback to facilitate the continual improvement of this system.
Actively engage with other business stakeholders to resolve any queries.
Any other duties as agreed between the post-holder and management.
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
· You have already undertaken some form of relevant study.
· You are considering an Apprenticeship and want to combine this will full time working.
· You have a passion for helping shape and influence the future of the energy sector.
· You have working knowledge of any of the following: AutoCAD, Plant 3D.
· You have a working knowledge of MS Project.
· You have good written and verbal communication skills.
· You can work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients.
· You have an enquiring approach with a desire to explore innovative ideas.
· You can work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· You have ambitions to become an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or are working towards professional recognition.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On-the-job training and assessment will be provided by a mixture of:
· Workplace Mentoring via nominated Experienced Engineers
· Periodic In-house Training from internal or external resource
· Self-led learning modules and assessments e.g. Health & safety
· Targeted training identified as part of regular appraisals and competency GAP analysis.
Off-the-job training and assessment
Off-the-job training will be provided by Coventry University.
You will be expected to attend Coventry University's city centre campus one day per week.
You will study using the University's modern learning environment, and be supported by their highly experienced tutors. You will have access to the comprehensive library and other fantastic student support services.
Saith will also commit to supporting you to complete the ICE competencies/attributes and assign a dedicated workplace mentor. On completion of your degree, you will undertake the ICE Assessment of Professional Competence.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, Coventry University will award you with a BSc or BEng Civil Engineer degree. You will also be eligible for professional Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As you progress through your training, your role, responsibilities, and involvement in projects will develop and grow. The position will give you the opportunity to work with other areas of the business to gain a more rounded experience of other engineering roles and business activities. Once you have completed your study, a personal development plan will created to ensure that your career goals and aspirations are met for the short, medium, and long term. This plan will set out expectations and goals to allow you to achieve your full potential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Microsoft Office, CAD software packages, Microsoft Project, Gantt Chart
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent 112 UCAS Tariff Points; must include Maths (Grade BBC) Essential
Things to consider
The role will be predominately office-based working on the computer alongside other engineers. There will be the opportunity to visit site and learn about the practical side of the work you will be involved in designing.