You could help make a real difference on some of the most exciting and complex engineering challenges in the future. BuroHappold Engineering is best known for delivering some of the most iconic and inspiring projects worldwide.We are an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 21 locations worldwide.For over 40 years we've been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world.
We are recruiting for a Building Services Design Engineer Degree Apprentice to join our friendly and innovative London Building Services (MEP) team, who are involved in a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects.
- You will embrace the latest energy and MEP technologies to improve performance and sustainability. Sustainable design is top of our corporate agenda
- Undertake detailed mechanical engineering building services design and calculations (using both software and knowledge to verify robust calculations)
- Ensuring service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard - within agreed deadlines and within budget
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions
- Plan and manage input to Computer Aided Design programmes for production of design work
- Represent the company as part of a team attending design team meetings or meetings with client and architects
- Use Building information modelling software to design engineering services on projects learning from colleagues and in house training
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and software
- Good communication skills with a team orientated focus (including an ability to work in a team environment)
- 'Can do' attitude
- Should have a positive and inquisitive approach and confidence to ask and respond to challenging questions.
- A Level BBCor
- BTEC National Diploma DDMor
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits including Maths and Physical Science creditor
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0orCambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
Our management team include qualified professional engineers who learnt, developed and became qualified through the apprenticeship route.
Many engineers who decide to progress through the apprenticeship route find that working during the day on projects whilst attending part time study provides an invaluable experience and enables a work focused programme of learning delivering increased technical skills and behaviours that are invaluable for their career.Things to consider
London Southbank University will provide the programme of study on a day released basis.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates