What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will assist in a wide variety of construction projects in the TfL portfolio, from routine maintenance to major station redevelopments.
- Your 6-year development programme will be made up of up to 12 placement rotations
- Working on a major project - 6 months
- Commercial Development - 6 months
- Asset Operations - 6 months
- Facilities management - 6 months
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will be working towards a level 6 (Degree) qualification in Building Surveying and Chartered status within the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Typically, you will be required to attend university on day release.
- We'll support your technical development through a wide range of on-the-job practical experiences and placements. We'll also support your professional development through a combination of classroom-led training, online training, mentoring and structured networking
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be a Chartered Building Surveyor with world renowned status.
- You will have the opportunity further develop your career and be responsible for the design and implementation of your own projects
- TfL's intention to bring the right candidate up to the level of Associate of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Assoc RICS). where you will be encouraged to progress to full membership of RICS (MRICS) and beyond.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Safe working practice, Good listening skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 5 A*- C grade 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths and English Language (Grade 3 A levels BBB/BTEC L3 at DDM) Essential Things to consider
You must be 18 years of age before the start date to be eligible for this scheme Please be advised that should you be successful in getting an offer for this scheme, your offer will be subject to a satisfactory medical which may include but is not limited to: drugs and alcohol screening, eye test and hearing test.