Graduate Building Services Engineer
Becoming a Graduate/Assistant Building Services Engineering Surveyor with Entrust:
We are recruiting for a Graduate or Assistant Building Services Engineering Surveyor to join permanently to assist with various projects. The principal activities of Entrust are around acting as a consultant for clients to deliver planned and reactive maintenance to Academies and the Council's corporate stock and schools, building surveying, facilities management (hard services), asset management planning, contract procurement and administration and support to the lead discipline on projects.
This role would suit a recently qualified graduate, someone who has finished an apprenticeship alongside a few year's experience or someone with a good number of years post qualified experience. We are looking for someone with electrical background however the role will encompass energy, property, building service and mechanical engineering. You will be given responsibility from day one and training that will allow you to train, develop and achieve.
What you will do:
- To carry out surveys of the mechanical and electrical building services e.g. heating & lighting systems to report on age, condition and suitability.
- To assist with engineering maintenance projects including the design and specification of engineering projects using standard documents where applicable, the raising and issuing of orders, the supervision of work on site and the verification of invoices for payment.
- To assist with the project management/supervising officer duties while liaising with the establishment representative which involves the initiation and completion of engineering maintenance and minor improvement works predominantly within the Staffordshire and surrounding counties with a possibility of requiring projects nationally.
- To liaise with other sections of the Property Department - assisting with Statutory Compliance service contracts, planned improvement works and working in a team environment consisting of Building / Engineering Surveyors, Architectural, Quantity Surveyors and Energy Management staff.
- The preparation of reports for energy efficiency schemes (SALIX, CEEF) including heat loss calculations, lighting schemes estimates and payback periods
Your experience will include:
- Minimum of City and Guilds Approved apprenticeship or equivalent recognised body CITB and or working towards a Degree or HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of engineering services (mechanical and electrical) Including, lighting systems and controls, fire and intruder alarms and heating gas domestic water services installations.
- Knowledge and understanding of current regulations specific to areas of building services including electrical and gas regulations.
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders to inspect tank rooms and roof spaces etc.
- A knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Legislation, CDM and other construction regulations in relation to engineering surveying disciplines.
- Driving license and use of a car for business purposes and the ability to travel around the country when required.
Entrust is a joint venture between Capita and Staffordshire County Council. We work across the UK in partnership with schools, academies and local authorities to provide specialist expertise around school improvement, learning technologies, and property and support services. We currently work in over 50 local authorities, with 600 schools. Join us and you'll be part of the fastest growing school-to-school support partner in England.
Entrust are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 25), paid membership to a recognised body each year, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.