We are developing our team and have an exciting opportunity for a full time Occupational Health Nurse to join our In House Occupational Health and Wellness team where you can help shape the Occupational Health team and department and really work closely with the overall organisation to help improve the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our staff. We are looking for a great nurse with the experience and capability to cover a full remit and practise occupational health autonomously.
The role can be based from home with travel to the Birmingham or Northampton site when needed.Who we are
St Andrew's Healthcare is a charity providing specialist mental healthcare services. We work in partnership with a number of NHS, voluntary, educational and research organisations to deliver a range of specialist inpatient and community mental healthcare services, education and research that helps to improve the lives of people with complex mental health needs.Main duties of the jobWho you are
· A confident, competent and highly motivated individual with ability to engage others to effect positive health change.
· You have a proactive approach to health care and maintain a visible presence within a multi-disciplinary team - including HR, Safety and Physiotherapy.
· Work autonomously to meet service levels for management referrals and consultations.
· Able to carry out a range of health surveillances and vaccination programmes.
· Driven to develop excellent working relationships within the organisation.
· Lots of energy and drive to work in a busy and demanding, but friendly team.
· Good organisation skills and be able to take project leadership.
· Able to work flexibly and undertake occasional travel to different sitesWhat you can give to us
· Substantial experience of working in occupational health and high standards of innovative practice.
· Commitment to wellness culture and targeted health promotion initiatives.
· Proven people management skills and ability to engage and support staff health improvement programmes.
· Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and supporting continuous professional development to student and other colleagues.About usYou can achieve more at St Andrew's Healthcare
St Andrews has facilities such as a café, garden centre, charity shop, woodwork & ceramics workshop all staffed by patients and service users along with other facilities such as gym's and swimming pools for patients and staff to use.Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew's CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single dayRewards and Benefits
• Excellent professional and career development and training opportunities
• Pension and life assurance
• Sickness policy on par with the NHS
• 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 further after 10 years' service
• Cycle to work scheme
• Healthcare cash plan
• Free parking
• Paid DBS application
• On-site facilities such as indoor and outdoor gym access, swimming pool, café, library all set within beautiful groundsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
"Please see the job description for this role attached in the supporting documents part of this advert and please call the recruitment team if you would like future information about this role."Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Qualified Occupational Health Professional
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer detailsEmployer name
St Andrew's HealthcareAddress
NN1 5DGEmployer's website
https://www.stah.org (Opens in a new tab)