Please see Job overview & attached Job description for further information about the Data Analyst position available with WUTH.Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Data Analyst within the Corporate Nursing Team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Corporate Nursing Data Analyst will be required to work with a variety of data sets using this to create reports and working in partnership with the Business Intelligence Team to ensure that data is transparent and accessible.
Applicants must have experience in working with complex data sets with excellent Microsoft Excel skills and a keen attention to accuracy. Where possible, experience of working with SQL and business intelligence solutions is desirable.
Core tasks will include data extraction from patient information systems, data cleansing, completion of national data submissions, data presentation and the creation/coding build of business intelligence pages.
The Corporate Nursing Team's portfolio is very diverse including; Nurse Quality Indicators, Accreditation, Safeguarding, Patient Experience, Bereavement, Infection Prevention and Control and Chaplaincy.About usOn 31 January 2022, the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care made a statement to Parliament announcing that the Government will launch a consultation on ending the vaccination as a statutory condition of deployment in Health and Social Care settings in England. Following this consultation, the decision will be subject to parliamentary approval, prior to the Government revoking the regulations. The consultation commenced on 9 February 2022 and closed 16th February 2022. The vaccination and boosters remain the best ways to protect our staff, patients and the public in our hospitals and in the community; and whilst not currently mandated, we still encourage people to be vaccinated. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job overview & attached Job description for further information about the Data Analyst position available with WUTH.Person SpecificationQualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- Must have minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade C or above
- Experience of analysing and interpreting large datasets
- IT skills to allow full use of MS Excel, MS Word and all MS packages
- Experience of data entry and reporting
- Have or working towards Level 4 Data Analyst qualification or equivalent significant experience
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Some experience of using Business Intelligence tools e.g., SQL Server, PowerBI, Tableau, etc
- Experience of working in a NHS setting
- A qualification in computer studies, Coding or computer science
- Good organisational skills relating to creating and maintaining electronic filing systems, locating data and information and meeting deadlines
- Skills in the analysis, presentation and interpretation of information
- Importance of maintaining confidentiality, in accordance with Data Protection Act and national/local guidelines
- A logical and analytical approach to problem solving demonstrated in an information systems environment
- Advanced keyboard skills - manipulation of complex data sets
- Ability to use own initiative
Certificate of Sponsorship
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- A methodical approach to work, with attention to detail in checking and verification of data
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .Employer detailsEmployer name
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road
CH49 5PEEmployer's website
https://www.wuth.nhs.uk (Opens in a new tab)