You'll be joining the UK part of an international team providing software and solutions for the arts and attractions industry. Our customers delight their audience by providing events and experiences, and your technical skills will be a key part of making that happen. Our work is fast paced and demanding, but it's hugely rewarding to know we're playing our part in people's leisure and entertainment.
You'll have the opportunity to work across a variety of areas and find your niche, which could include:
- Implementing and supporting cutting edge web and software systems
- Understanding what our customers need, and turning that into requirements for new features and software
- Testing the software, you and others in the team develop and working with developers to fix faults you find
- Diagnosing faults or issues our customers experience, with a focus on more technical issues alongside support colleagues
- Assisting in project management of implementation and bespoke development projects
- Querying data and presenting information in reports, dashboards and analytics
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- Loves to keep busy - it makes the working day pass quickly
- Motivated by results, and a pride in making things happen
- Interest in the arts and culture, whether it's theatre, film, art, museums or attractions
- Ableto approach a problem logically and find a solution
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
None specified.Future prospects
You'll be joining a growing company with a 20 year history of providing solutions for arts organisations around the world.
You will have the opportunity to shape your role and grow as we continue to grow, with every day bringing new challenges.