Must be a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Design Staff. Demonstration of initiative, responsibility and inclination to learn are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the company mentorship program, as a mentee
- Working towards BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
- Provide assistance to the team and other Design Staff as follows:
- HVAC, Fire Protection, Electrical systems, Lighting, and Plumbing drafting as per mark-ups provided by Design Staff
- Size Building Services Engineering systems to suit regulations, standards and requirements provided by Design Staff
- Perform calculations for mechanical (heating, cooling and ventilation loads) and electrical (lighting levels, circuit sizing etc)
- Ensure portions of the Elementa's quality assurance design requirements are being followed
- Ensure Elementa's drafting standards are being followed
- Set up Revit models or AutoCAD drawing files
- Maintain AutoCAD files and Revit models
- Co-ordinate mechanical and electrical services in drafting software (assistance provided by Design Staff as needed)
- Detailed check of work prior to returning finished product to Designer
As the candidate progresses through their studies and develops their skills as they work, they will increase their day to day design responsibilities. The apprenticeship will result in a client facing Engineer with a good understanding of Building Services generally and a chosen specialism in one aspect of the discipline.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good IT skills generally
- Responsible and can plan and manage own time
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think technically, critically and is mechanically inclined
- Some knowledge of building services codes and standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in Engineering and the built Environment
- Demonstrates accountability
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player
- A Level BBC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits including Maths and Physical Science credit or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
The apprenticeship will result in a client facing Engineer with a good understanding of Building Services generally and a chosen specialism in one aspect of the discipline.