What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day duties will include:
· Design and deliver coaching programmes suitable for students
· Comply with current legislation
· Utilise and collaborate with internal team members to support with best practice
· Provide support to students
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge of education standards, trends, frameworks, paradigms and
· Ensure the design and delivery of high-quality, inclusive curricular and extracurricular lessons that meet
· Delivers safe, inclusive and effective sessions
· Evaluate sessions to monitor engagement, enrichment and whole child/person development
· Monitor students development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Sports Coach Level 4 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/sports-coach-
Functional Skills level 1 / 2
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent position on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Enthusiastic, Personable, Willing to learn, Reliable, Very strong eye for detail
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
Skills required: · Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word). · Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). · Ability to work on own initiative. · Very strong eye for detail and accuracy. · Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner.